Chief Nursing Officer
Projects - Redesign of Community Nursing Services
The Redesign of Community Nursing Project is now complete.
- Strategic Direction In Community Nursing in Northern Ireland - Position Paper (November 2003)
- Community Health Nursing - Current Practice and Possible Futures
Strategic Direction in Community Nursing in Northern Ireland - a position paper was produced in November 2003. This paper identified the strategic direction and proposed future for community nursing services in Northern Ireland.
Nursing & Midwifery Advisory Group have funded eight pilot projects to test the strategic thinking outlined in the position paper.
The eight pilot projects funded 2004/05 by DHSSPS are;
Craigavon & Banbridge Community HSS Trust
- The Implementation and Evaluation of a Framework Supporting Effective First Contact Care Across the Southern Health and Social Services Board (PDF 278 KB)
Sperrin Lakeland HSS Trust
Foyle HSS Trust
- Evaluation of Community Nursing Project : Moving Professional Boundries from a Stoma Care Nursing Service to a Colorectal Nursing Service (PDF 3.6 MB)
Down Lisburn HSS Trust
- Development of Public Health Nursing within Children's Services in Poleglass, Twinbrook and Lagmore Areas (PDF 424 KB)
South & East Belfast HSS Trust
Causeway HSS Trust
Homefirst Community HSS Trust
Redesign of Community Nursing Final Reports
- Redesign of Community Nursing Project (PDF 447 KB)
- Redesign of Community Nursing Project Final Report by Deloitte (PDF 467 KB)
Nursing and Midwifery Advisory Group
Phone Number 02890 522593