Social Services Inspectorate
Roles and Responsibilities
The Social Services Inspectorate is a Professional Group within the Department of Health, Social Services and Public Safety which supports Ministers, the Department, other Government Departments and agencies working in the field of social care.
The main aim of the Inspectorate is to work with others to ensure social work and social care services are responsive to the needs of the population of Northern Ireland and allow the public to have confidence in them. To achieve this we have a number of responsibilities:
- We INSPECT social services
justice provision and its organisation and management;
- We EVALUATE voluntary organisations grant
aided by the
- We provide PROFESSIONAL ADVICE AND EXPERTISE
Departments and social care and criminal justice agencies on the formulation, implementation and review
of social services, and related health policies, and the effective and efficient delivery of social
- We FACILITATE the conduct of business
between the Departments
and Boards, Trusts, the independent sector and other agencies;
- We DEVELOP, and PROMOTE POLICY on training and qualifications for the Personal Social Services and ensure policy implementation.